Are you struggling with writing characters readers care about? Critique partners, editors or agents saying you need to write vivid emotions? Do you want to write deep scenes emotional arcs into your stories to keep readers engaged and turning the pages?
Writing deep point of view is like handing your reader a virtual reality headset. This fiction writing technique is dynamic, visceral, and immediate. This intimate and emotive style of writing resonates with contemporary readers, if you’ve got the guts to “go there” with your characters.
This writing skill isn’t a difficult to master, but it requires a shift in how you tell stories and sometimes those shifts don’t seem intuitive. What Will You Learn?
- Eliminate unnecessary telling
- Create empathy in readers by
- Create immediacy
- Effectively use internal dialogue
- Understand and use subtext
- Strategies to make words pull double duty
- Create unique character voice
- Tap into your emotive memory (just like actors do)
- Learn tips from psychology to write emotions with visceral authenticity
- Learn layering and blending techniques for writing emotions
- Identify and eliminate author intrusion
- Learn effective pacing strategies to intensify emotional impact
- Recognize POV breaks
- Know when not to use Deep Point Of View
- Recognize areas where you’re not going deep enough
- Learn what an emotional story arc is and how to employ it
Take this deep dive and get back to writing FAST! Put Deep POV to work on your whole novel or just key scenes for an emotional punch readers can’t resist.